- I’ve been awake since Friday 10 am (over 38 hours?)
- really nice starting ceremony with torches and stuff
-good start since I knew where to go for first couple of kms
-funny picture seeing dozens of cyclists going in all directions and coming back together from time to time
-lots of rolling hills, enables you to see people 10 minutes in front of you
- lots of crosswind at night
- around French border it started raining like crazy in waves for hours, felt like nails hitting you
- first wave of tiredness at sunrise
- stuck through it and carried on
- crosswinds so strong you would sit next to the bike and lean against the wind while riding. Felt like sailing the wind
- “I’ll just continue till there is no more tailwind” lastet till nightfall, then came the usual boost.
- 440km according to GPS, around 415 to the cuesheet (which is the interesting distance since it marks my progress
- sleep in small shelter next to road, feeling good from the body. Hopefully I didn’t push too much and will be able to carry on tomorrow
One thought on “TCR day 1”
That’s what I am talking about! 400?! You are crazy!